Welcome to the CSC Cloud!
The CSC cloud is a collection of compute, network and storage services available to CSC members.
This service was made possible thanks to hardware donations and funding from:
- the Mathematics Endowment Fund (MEF)
- the Student Life Endowment Fund (SLEF)
- the Computer Science Computing Facility (CSCF)
- CloudStack - Virtual machines on demand.
- Virtual hosting - Domain name routing for websites.
- Kubernetes - Easily deploy your Dockerized apps.
- Registry - A place to store your Docker images.
First, make sure that you are a CSC member and that your membership has not expired.
Here is a list of general-use CSC machines which you may SSH into after becoming a member: https://wiki.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/Machine_List
If you wish to see the terms for which your membership is valid, you can run the following command from any general-use machine:
ceo members get <your_username>
When your membership expires, all of your cloud resources will be permanently deleted, so make sure that you buy enough membership terms in advance.
To start creating your own virtual machines, please see the CloudStack page for more details.